Saturday, July 4, 2009

Pea Pod Cocoon

I have been playing around with making more pea pod cocoons. I have switched back to crochet, as its so easy to shape. This is my latest edition
Its a little square looking, but that is from the shape of the teddy bear, not from the shape of the cocoon. I made it with green zoomy, and a size 12mm hook using hdc. I will add on the little top and bottom curly thingy that I put on the first one I made. When I was making the first one, I spent a long time searching the web for images of 'pea pod cocoons', but I could not find anything I liked. Then I looked for images of peas pods, still no luck. In the end, Felicity went to the vegetable bin in the fridge, pulled out a fresh pea pod, and said "How about this?" Perfect!
Unfortunately I made it too big. If you could hold Riley still long enough It would probably fit him as he is now, well over 14 months!

2 comments:

  1. This just makes me want to have a baby so i can have one of those...... And i doubt my one year old will stay in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are the patterns free or you sell them? Great work!

    ReplyDelete