So that was the yarn sorted out. Now the design.
I thought I would try using circular knitting needles first off, that didn't work out so well, so I switched to double pointed needles. They would have worked except they were too short. I have longer ones on order, but that would not help me finish this project for Angela by the weekend. In the end I gave up and used straight knitting needles. It took no time at all to knit it to the length needed, and I was able to join it using an invisible seem, which took almost as long to do as it knit it! Once I had figured out the 'pattern' I was able to knit up another one in 2 hours. Not bad for a days work. I then posted the cocoons off on Tuesday, and Angela had them in her hand on Wednesday morning.
I this photo will have to do until Angela can take a 'real' picture.
I am blessed to have such a talented family, both my sister and sister-in-law being amazing baby/maternity/family photographer's.
If are in Brisbane, you need to go to
and for Melbourne, you have to go to